IMS Health Real-World Evidence Solutions (RWES) is one of our fast-growing and highly successful consultancy businesses, focusing on delivering tangible results to our clients who are key decision-makers and business managers across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. With direct access to the world’s most comprehensive healthcare information, analytic and research resources, IMS RWE experts deliver deep insights into product effectiveness, value, safety, epidemiology and health economic outcomes.
As a member of our RWES-team based in Frankfurt you will manage, design and implement observational (“real world”) research projects using a variety of epidemiological data-basis on behalf of IMS clients in the life sciences industry. This will include regular client interaction, analytical request management, writing study protocols and managing program execution with other resources. In addition, you will train staff to deliver studies using the systems and approaches you have developed.
- Contribute to and/or lead the design, execution and reporting of epidemiological studies
- Lead or contribute to the writing of study protocols, statistical analysis plans and study reports
- Write SAS code to prepare, clean and analyse data
- Interpret and write-up results of epidemiological analyses
- Manage projects to ensure they are delivered successfully and in a timely manner, including supporting client management
- Prepare abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for internal and external projects
- Review and analyse client requirements, research questions or problems in order to deliver optimal solutions to meet their needs
- Responsible for the quality of all analytical client deliverables
- MSc/PhD in epidemiology, medical statistics, bioinformatics or a related discipline
- High interest in the pharmaceutical market and the evaluation of data in order to compare drug effectiveness
- Proven professional experience within an epidemiological research environment (academia, regulatory, pharmaceutical or CRO)
- Experience in designing and executing prospective or retrospective epidemiological studies and familiar with working with large epidemiological datasets focusing on anonymized data (e. g. Disease Analyzer, CPRD, THIN, etc.)
- Statistical programming experience in SAS (including macros); expertise in documenting programs; SQL-programming skills would be an asset
- Strong communication and presentations skills plus the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-experts
- Fluency in English is a must, a very good command of German is beneficial
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects under tight timelines
- Strong commitment to effective, cross-functional teamwork
IMS Health is the world’s leading information, services and technology company dedicated to making healthcare perform better.
By applying cutting-edge analytics and proprietary application suites hosted on the IMS One intelligent cloud, the company connects more than 10 petabytes of complex healthcare data on diseases, treatments, costs and outcomes to enable our clients to run their operations more efficiently.
Drawing on information from 100,000 suppliers, and on insights from more than 45 billion healthcare transactions processed annually, IMS Health’s over 15,000 professionals drive results for over 5,000 healthcare clients globally.
Customers include pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health manufacturers and distributors, providers, payers, government agencies, policymakers, researchers and the financial community.