What’s your next milestone?
R&D Engineer / Expert Product Development (Glass & Glass Ceramics) (m/f/d)
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. With more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise we offer a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone's life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
To strengthen our R&D China Team, we are looking for an R&D Engineer / Expert Product Development (m/f/d) in the field of Glass and Glass Ceramics at our location Suzhou in China.
- New product development concentrating on innovative product development based on glass and glass ceramics materials with involvement and application of sound knowledge in the in the area of high frequency applications, e-mobility and battery systems
- Being responsible project manager for development projects, including planning, cost and implementation coordination
- Active technology market analysis in the development field, including identification of market trends, key players and product opportunities
- Establishing a strong academic network in the development field
- Collect the technical requirements of potential customers on new product, conduct the preliminary internal lab testing, organize the early evaluation of samples, and summarize the evaluation results as the base for future development
- Excellent honors degree in Material Science, Chemistry, solid-state Physics or Engineering, preferably with PhD
- At least 2 years of experience in complex international environment
- Background in glass chemistry and deep understanding of electronical and (opto)electrical properties of glassy materials
- Valid experience in the implementation, evaluation and interpretation of trend monitoring as well as analysis in the field of technology
- Problem solving capability in a dynamic environment
- Very good conceptual skills, curiosity, friendly and confident manners, good judgement and ability to make decisions, excellent communication skills
- Good Chinese and English presentation skills (written and spoken), knowledge in German is a plus
- Willingness to travel
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company.
At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
Send application to
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application:
SCHOTT AG, Human Resources, Alexandra Bengard