Who we areAt Roche about 94,000 people in more than 100 countries are doing pioneering work in the healthcare sector. Hand in hand, we have developed into a worldwide leading, research-oriented healthcare group.Roche at Penzberg, near Munich, employees more than 6,000 people. The site is one of the largest biotechnology centers in Europe and the only Roche site with research, development and production for both Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics under one roof.Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics (m/f/d)
Job-FactsJob ID: 201812-131704
Job function: Research & Development
Location: Germany, Bayern, Penzberg
Job Type: Regular Employee
Firma/Division: Roche Diagnostics GmbH
In which department is this role located?Within Centralised & Point of Care Solutions (CPS), the largest R&D division within Roche Diagnostics, our department supports the development of new systems and digital solutions. Complex data management, design of experiments, the development of algorithms, mathematical and statistical modeling are our core topics. The goal is to analyze and optimize technical and clinical performance. Please also see our website Code4Life .
What should you know about the team? We are an interdisciplinary team that is heavily involved in the development and research of Roche's diagnostic products. This is done in close cooperation with assay development and system integration teams. System Integration works on the development of the clinical chemistry tests on our systems and the integrated software for our customers and makes them safe and reliable.
What does your daily working life look like?
- You support the planning and evaluation of key experiments in test and system development, and apply the corresponding methods from design of experiments and statistics
- You analyze processes, map them into mathematical models and improve them through simulation and optimization, among other things
- You plan and evaluate studies on the technical performance of Roche tests and systems
- You use modern methods from the fields of "Machine Learning" and "ArtificiaI Intelligence" to find solutions
- You closely coordinate solutions with the responsible project managers
- You are continuously trained in technical, product and process-related areas and share your knowledge within the team
- You understand complex customer enquiries and deliver tailor-made solutions
- You supervise interns and diploma students and are involved in establishing their Thesis subjects
Do you want to support us with your experience and knowledge?
- You have successfully completed a master's degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science or similar (e.g. data science), ideally with a doctorate
- You can apply biometric and statistical methods in practice
- You have a strong affinity for applied mathematics
- You are good at programming and are happy to do so, especially in R
- Your ability to communicate is one of your strengths, as you are an important interface to our internal customers
- You work solution-oriented and are decisive
- Teamwork is fun for you
- You are used to working both in German and English
Application documentsTo make the application process as comfortable as possible for you, please include only your updated CV. References and certificates are not required at this stage.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Get in touch
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact our AskHR team
+49 621 759 74999 for technical questions.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (Karin Seifert, +498856/607724).
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 201812-131704