for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with
diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers
develop from opportunities.
biotechnology, pharma, diagnostics and nutrition research and is the acknowledged
industry leader in this field.
As a statistician at metanomics you will be involved in challenging global plant and
bioscience projects for which statistics is key to success.
- In interdisciplinary discussions with scientists you will identify project goals, and
translate these goals into experimental designs and statistical analysis.
- You will explore and develop innovative statistical solutions and report your results
to collaborators and customers.
- You will define standard analysis workflows, guide their implementation as software
tools and support the development of company-wide statistics standards.
- Integrated in a global expert team of statisticians, you will stay abreast of
developments surrounding new statistical methodologies.
- You have a degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. statistics, mathematics,
agronomy, data science), preferably a PhD.
- You possess strong statistics expertise, especially concerning general linear and
mixed models, experimental design and multivariate data analysis techniques such
as visualization, clustering or classification.
- You have proven excellence in statistical analysis of complex data sets and
thorough knowledge of statistical scripting (R or SAS).
- Previous work in a biotechnology or agricultural environment is desirable.
- Special interest in and experience with omics-data is a plus.
- You are a good team player who is fluent in English and possess excellent
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job"
training as part of a committed team.
Join the best team. There are more than 110,000 other minds to connect with.
Do you want to know more? Meet our employees for an online chat on
Research & Development
metanomics GmbH, Berlin
BASF Services Europe GmbH
Recruiting Services Europe
PO Box 11 02 48
10832 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33