Medical Research Engineer ETH (w/m/d)
- Business Unit: BU Medical (more information)
Hamilton Medical is a dynamic and internationally successful medical device company headquartered in Bonaduz, Switzerland. At Hamilton Medical, we live for ventilation technology. Technology that helps caregivers improve the lives of their critically ill patients. We develop Intelligent Ventilation solutions, devices and consumables.
In this position, you will be a member of an interdisciplinary research team consisting of experts with medical and technical (engineers, life scientists, physicians) backgrounds.
- In this position, you will be a member of an interdisciplinary research team consisting of experts with medical and technical (engineers, life scientists, physicians) backgrounds. Your tasks will be the following:
- Responsibility for the research, specification, development, testing and clinical validation of closed loop control systems to be implemented in a medical device
- Cooperation with external clinical partners as well as the validation of your ideas at the bedside
- Involvement in the execution of clinical trials and analysis of the clinical data collected
- University degree (ETH) in the field of biomedical engineering
- Experience in developing controllers (e.g. PID, fuzzy, adaptive controllers)
- Knowledge in control theory
- Basic knowledge of human physiology
- Programming experience in C, C++ or similar as well as Matlab, Python or similar
- Fluent in English language
- PhD and/or any clinical study experience
- Experience in data acquisition and processing
- Research or development experience in the field of mechanical ventilation or medical devices
- Knowhow in the field of medicine, respiratory physiology and/or mechanical ventilation
- High degree of independence in problem solving
- German language skills
Are you interested? Then please apply online by clicking on the "Apply" button. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
Reference: REQ-2020_0506/Contact: Bianca Casutt
Applications by post or e-mail can unfortunately not be considered.