Sony manufactures audio, video, communications, and information technology products for the global consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, games and online businesses Sony is uniquely positioned to become a leading personal broadband network company in the 21st century. Sony’s European electronics operations cover a full range of activities from R&D, design, engineering and manufacturing to marketing, sales and service. Our Stuttgart Technology Center is where innovations and future generations of products are being developed to meet the requirements and needs of the worldwide markets and customers. At the Materials Science Laboratory we have established a key-technology platform for providing the materials base of Sony’s future business. Brilliant ideas change the world – join our team in Stuttgart.
Within the Materials Science Laboratory we are offering a position for a
Scientist/Engineer with PhD Degree in Physicsin the field of opto-electronics based on organic or hybrid materials.
Position responsibilities include:
- Design, evaluation and device mechanism investigation of opto-electronic devices, as well as development of the incorporated organic or hybrid active materials.
- Optimization of the device preparation (vacuum and solution-based deposition methods, inert atmosphere) and evaluation processes.
- Development of novel device characterization methods and the related setups
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team, experienced in the development of materials and photonic and opto-electronic devices. Collaboration across company functions is part of our daily work.
- PhD in Physics/Chemical Physics, Materials Science or Physical Chemistry
- Experience with organic or hybrid materials based opto-electronic devices
- Detailed knowledge in design and realization of complex opto-electronic set-ups, including low (pA) currents measurement and fast (fs-ns) detection
- Ideally background and relevant experience in photon-to-electron conversion mechanism studies in various active systems
- Good command of English, ability to work within an international and interdisciplinary team
- Strong creative mindset and analytical skills
SONY offers you:
- Flexible working hours
- An attractive workplace
- International career opportunities
- Open corporate culture
- Dynamic and international team
Send application toIf you are interested, please apply sending us your application in English including your CV and a covering letter to the following link:
SONY Europe Ltd.
Hedelfinger Straße 61
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector