International technology group • specialty glasses and glass-ceramics • more than 130 years experience • more than 15,500 employees in 34 countries • innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. With more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise we offer a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone's life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
What’s your next milestone?
Scientific Advisor Development Hot Forming (m/f/d)
To strengthen our Hot Processes Team within the Research & Development organization, we are looking for a Scientific Advisor Development Hot Forming (m/f/d) at our headquarters in Mainz.
- Development of new process approaches and optimization of existing methods of hot forming as well as other thermal processes, with a focus on digitalization of measurement and control technology for intelligent process control related to Industry 4.0
- Strategic planning of process development as well as implementation and integration of processes in cooperation with our Production, Engineering or Technical Services
- Conducting challenging (inter)national projects with responsibility for results, budget and the project team
- Consulting and support of the production areas in case of manufacturing or quality problems concerning hot forming and thermal processes
- University degree in Physics, Process Engineering or a comparable discipline with a strong quantitative focus, preferably with PhD
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge in the maintenance of technical facilities and processes
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of process-related data analysis, measurement and control technology as well as intelligent data processing
- Fluent in at least one key programming language (e.g. Python)
- Valid experience in the implementation, evaluation and interpretation of trend monitoring as well as analysis in the field of technology
- Very good conceptual skills, curiosity and interest in solving challenging problems, friendly and confident manners, good judgement and ability to make decisions, excellent communication skills
- Good German and English presentation skills (written and spoken), knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Willingness to travel abroad
Send application to
As a Corporate Foundation with a research mission, we feel responsible to focus on the wellbeing of our employees.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send your application to: SCHOTT AG, Human Resources, Alexandra Bengard