Senior Systems Engineer (f/m), Life Science InstrumentsLocation(s) Hamburg
Job ID JR-007523
Recruiting Region Europe
PerkinElmer is a global leader committed to innovation for a healthier world. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
We are seeking a practical and hands-on engineering professional who will work in a cross functional team environment of both engineering and scientific disciplines. The candidate will lead system evaluation and integration efforts for PerkinElmer’s High Content Imaging and Multimode Detection Systems. The candidate will be required to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the systems including its application, hardware, software, firmware, electrical, and/or mechanical components and subsystems. The exciting and fast paced environment of the Center of Excellence in Hamburg provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with top engineers and scientists both locally and globally.
- Lead system integration efforts to ensure satisfaction of design requirements in the field of life science, fluorescence microscopy, and system automation
- Design, construct, and evaluate test apparatuses to fulfill testing requirements. Depending on the candidate’s background, this may include: Optical, mechanical and electronic designs, firmware, GUIs , etc.
- Technical project lead for complex and cross functional projects
- Deep understanding of the technology, application, and user experience
- Develop, document, and trace requirements as they flow from user requirements to system requirements, and test requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and resolve bugs, issues, and other test results using root cause investigation tools as necessary
- Perform additional evaluations of the systems where appropriate based on skillset including positive & negative testing, shipping and environmental tests, and EMC (Electromagnetic compatibility) and EMI (Electromagnetic interference) compliance.
- Develop tools and documentation to communicate the organization and architecture of systems including block diagrams, decomposition diagrams, and process maps
- Lead the development, tracking, and execution of risk assessments and FMEAs where appropriate
- Interact with Support and Operations to assist in knowledge transfer, product transition, and technical support of PerkinElmer products.
- Work individually and collaborate with cross functional groups including mechanics, electronics, optics, software and applied biology
- Requires a Master or Bachelor degree in physics, mechanical, electrical, or biomedical engineering with 5-7 years of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with complex systems, product development, and comprehensive testing
- A self-starter and lifelong learner proficient in the development of scientific instrumentation
- Strong in communication and a self-structured mind
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive ideas to product realization utilizing a stage gate process
- Demonstrated ability with electro-mechanical instruments and software
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and document the results, designs, and tests conducted
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience with fluorescence multimode, fluorescence imaging or similar life science instruments
- SolidWorks, Zemax, or other modeling experience
- Experience with regulatory compliance
What we offer:
- flexible working hours
- complimentary fruit and drinks in the office
- salary offer in line with industry market pay and additional local benefits
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic, innovative and collaborative culture
- Focus on career development
Interested?We look forward to receiving your online application on https://jobs.perkinelmer.com/ Job ID JR-007523
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: JR-007523