The CompanyDantec Dynamics is the world’s leading supplier of measurement systems for non-destructive testing, research and diagnostics applications in solid mechanics, experimental fluid mechanics, combustion diagnostics, particle characterization and thermal comfort serving a broad customer base in academic and industrial markets including aerospace, automotive, biotech, electronic and energy.
- Drive the R&D technology roadmap and support our product strategy along latest technologies in the optoelectronic sector
- Define and develop new measurement systems and sensors addressing market feedback and product roadmaps
- Optimize our existing measurement systems and sensors in form, fit or function addressing urgent customer requests
- Plan R&D project timelines, tasks, resources and follow up project results through their entire lifecycle using appropriate tools
- Monitor and regularly report the progress of projects to the leader's team
- Define and manage R&D budget together with GM and coordinate R&D team to achieve project objectives
- Investigate existing and new measurement applications by pushing the limits of technologies at hand
- Acquire and participate in international research projects with academic partners and manage technology transfer from scientific prototypes to high-quality industrial solutions
- Network with subject matter experts in an effort to make available to the company high-quality components required to build leading measurement systems
- Participation in national and international committees for drafting guidelines and standards
- Ensure ISO compliant processes relevant to the departmental and company procedures, as well as general engineering quality and software development best practices
- Together with GM develop R&D team competences
- Support sales and service teams as technology expert
- PhD or Master's degree in Optical Engineering, Optoelectronics or equivalent
- Several years’ experience in R&D of optical measurement techniques for solid mechanics/NDT applications ideally in one or more of the areas of Digital Image Correlation (DIC), Electronic Speckle Pattern Interferometry (ESPI) and/or Laser Shearography
- Good knowledge of mathematical simulation tooling and FE Methods (e.g. MATLAB, Scilab, ANSYS) as well as optical design software (e.g. Zemax) and software algorithmic solutions of material test problems
- Good ability to collect technical/customer requirements and converting them into clear functional requirements documents
- Experienced in applying product lifecycle models (PLM) for optoelectronic high-tech equipment in combination with software intensive measurement applications
- Good working knowledge of project management methods and tools (e.g. Microsoft TFS, ProjectLibre)
- Practical, hands-on experience in applying image recognition/ laser optical measurement systems for test and measurement applications in material research/test and/or NDT
- Team worker, diplomatic and having strong ability to motivate, with practice in leading high-profile R&D projects and/or teams
- Strong communication skills, with capacity to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams
- Customer-minded (internal and/or external clients) and high level quality-minded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both German and English
Are you a creative person looking for a challenging job in an innovative environment?Are you ready to take on responsibility and influence the future of our company?
We are a dynamic and motivated team. You will work with extraordinary colleagues, all striving for one common goal: to create outstanding products for our customers, which "Turn Measurements into Knowledge".
If this opportunity interests you, please apply..
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector