Veterinarian (Tierärztin / Tierarzt) (f/m) as Junior Scientist (PhD student) or Scientist
We need to expand our team with highly skilled and motivated individuals to foster our ambitious growth plans.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative
Veterinarian (Tierärztin / Tierarzt) (f/m)
as Junior Scientist (PhD student) or Scientist, part-time or full-time
Your key tasks include:
- Plan, design and execute in-house in vitro studies with our biological product as well as in vivo studies in various species together with CROs and academic partners.
- Write project plans, study protocols and sound scientific reports.
- Analyze data and discuss with senior management.
- Apply for required licenses for animal experimentation at local authorities.
- Supervise lab work with animal pathogens according to the regulations of the Austrian Tierseuchengesetz.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners.
Your ideal qualification:
- A degree in Veterinary Medicine is mandatory.
- Scientific interest in the area of virology, gene therapy, immunology and/or oncology.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo work (rodent and ideally also non-rodent mammalian animal models) as well as knowledge in modern cell culture and/or molecular biology techniques are a strong plus.
- You work in a proactive manner with a hands-on approach and attention to detail.
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills and willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- The position requires good English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- You will have the unique possibility to help develop a novel cancer therapy and bring it from early development into clinical application. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exciting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- Your employment contract (part-time/full-time, PhD student/Scientist) and your responsibilities can be adapted according to your previous experience and individual convenience.
- If desired, you will have the possibility to obtain a PhD (corresponding to Dr. rer. nat.) from the Medical University of Innsbruck or a Dr. med. vet. degree in collaboration with our other academic partners.
- This position is remunerated with a combination of fixed salary, bonus and equity. A base annual salary of at least 32.000 Euro is offered (full-time employment, PhD student level). Depending on your qualification, experience and practical knowledge an appropriate and competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
ViraTherapeutics is based in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work.
Frau Verena Hausen
per Email: email@example.com
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: Vet0909
Frau Verena Hausen
About ViraTherapeutics GmbH
ViraTherapeutics GmbH is a privately held biopharmaceutical company that is developing promising innovative virus-based immunotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer. ViraT was founded in 2013 as a spin-out of the Medical University of Innsbruck, (Austria), by Prof. Dr. Dorothee von Laer, head of the Virology Division at the University. ViraT develops oncolytic cancer vaccines based on a...More about ViraTherapeutics GmbH